- All participants on the team must satisfy the eligibility criteria listed on Devpost. They must be students above the ages of 13.
- Teams should be made up exclusively of students who are not organizers, volunteers, judges, sponsors, or in any other privileged position at the event.
- All team members have to be registered on the Devpost and have joined the Discord server. Teams will submit their project together on Devpost.
- You may have 1-4 people in a team, and you may not be a part of more than one team
General Project Rules
- Teams can of course gain advice and support from organizers, volunteers, sponsors, and others.
- All work on a project should be done at the hackathon. (So no, you cannot submit your pet project of 10 years.)
- However, you can use publically available libraries/packages.
Plagiarism is not tolerated and any teams with plagiarized work will be disqualified.
- Teams must stop hacking/working once the time is up.
- Pitch and demo videos cannot be longer than 3 minutes.
- You must submit your project before 12PM EDT (UTC-4).
- You can submit to Devpost anytime before the submission time and continue editing your submission until 12PM.
- Submissions may not be submitted to multiple hackathons.
Coding Track Specific Rules
- Teams can use an idea they had before the event. They can brainstorm ideas before the hackathon.
- Teams can work on ideas that have already been done. Hacks do not have to be “innovative”. If somebody wants to work on a common idea they should be allowed to do so and should be judged on the quality of their hack. These days it’s hard to find something that’s fully original and teams might not know an idea has been done before anyway. (You will be marked on innovation if you choose the pitch route.)
- Teams can work on an idea that they have worked on before (as long as they do not re-use code).
- Teams can use libraries, frameworks, or open-source code in their projects. Working on a project before the event and open-sourcing it for the sole purpose of using the code during the event is against the spirit of the rules and is not allowed.